Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Carl Warner-Food Photographer


Carl Warner, photographer, born in Liverpool, England 1963. His work consists of "foodscapes" as he likes to call them. And if you look at his images you can see why. His work is of landscapes made up of food! That is something you can just eat up. The pieces are built up on top of a large purpose triangular table top. The scenes are of photographed into layers from foreground then to background. They sky is a process & as he says, very time consuming. The food surfers from, because it wilts under the lights. But, each elements i then put together in post production so they can finally get the beautiful image that so much is put into it. "Although I’m very hands on with my work, I do use model makers and food stylists to help me create the sets. I tend to start with a drawing which I sketch out in order to get the composition worked out, this acts as a blue print for the team to work to.” I like Carl's work, looking at photography in a new perspective as of landscapes as well. When you look at his pictures, you get the feel of the landscapes, the peaceful, siren feeling as if you were looking at original image as well. Though you probably wouldn't get as hungry looking at the original.







No comments:

Post a Comment